Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Carrot Fennel Soup


Even though my lighting makes it look like a tie-die print, it happens to be a very nice carrot fennel soup. It also happens to be the perfect weekend lunch before dinner out. Light and satisfying. The recipe calls for a good amount of orange juice, but each time I've made this (it's been many) I halve the amount. The carrots are sweet enough, so next time I might leave it out all together and just add orange zest.

It's a fairly standard procedure, sauteeing the sliced fennel bulb in butter, adding the sliced carrots and garlic shortly afterwards. Simmer in water (I've used chicken stock) and orange juice for about 20 minutes and then either puree or roughly mash with the back of a wooden spoon. Add requisite dollop of sour cream. So right on so many levels.

Recipe on page 151

No comments:

Post a Comment