Thursday, December 13, 2012

English Gingersnaps


Confession: I have 9 posts in my queue to publish for this blog. All have photos, titles, and recipe page numbers. But they're waiting for words. I clearly can cook faster than I can (or have time to) write. So, what's a girl to do? Since the purpose of this space is to share enthusiasm for the breadth of recipes in The Big Red Book -- I'm going to do it in a way that works for me.

Going forward, I will just be posting recipe names, page numbers, photos, and at most a single paragraph about each recipe. It will be brief, but it'll give me more breathing room to showcase the fantastic selection in The Book and hopefully inspire you to reach for one of your own cookbooks, even if it isn't Big Red.

Now, regarding the English Gingersnaps. Although they pack a nice ginger punch, they were more cakey than I'd like. I'll leave them in the oven longer next time. I also couldn't stop thinking about my grandmother's peanut butter cookies that she crosshatched with a fork like this recipe suggests to do (see above photo). Next time, I'll leave these cookies un-hatched -- but that's just personal.

That said, they give your house the perfect aroma to put up the Christmas tree and holiday lights. And that's exactly what I did.

Recipe on page 693

No comments:

Post a Comment