Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Roasted Salmon with Herb Vinaigrette




Salmon and vinaigrette is a winning combination. Living in the Pacific Northwest means having fish on the table at least 2-3 times per week, so I was thrilled to find a simple alternative to our usual olive oil drizzle, salt sprinkle, and lemon squeeze. (in that order) 

Roasting fish is my method of choice, which was indication No. 1 that this recipe and I would get along. Indication No. 2 was mustard; I love it. This sprightly vinaigrette helps the roasted fish come out of its slumber and sing. The herbs (I used a combination of fresh and dried) and mustard make it truly special. It's what sets it apart from my usual drizzle, sprinkle, squeeze routine noted above.  

The recipe in The Book makes a large quantity of vinaigrette and suggests slicing potatoes to roast underneath the salmon. I nearly quartered the vinaigrette recipe it for our smaller piece of fish and made the recipe sans potatoes. 

Recipe on page 430 in The Book
Also available on The New York times Web site, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment